Are you planning to hire remote android developers?
If yes, you are thinking right. As per last year’s events, a huge surge in remote employment can be observed in the IT industry. In fact, it is expected that 70% of employees will work remotely by 2025.
Plus, hiring remote app developers will save you money and help you augment your team with highly qualified software engineers. However, if you haven’t hired remote engineers before and have no clue what to consider while hiring a remote software engineer, this guide is for you.
In this post, you will learn all the factors that you should consider to hire a remote Android developer without making any mistakes. Let’s get started.
How to Hire Remote Android Developers Making No Mistake
As of 2019, there were 26.4 million software developers in the world, which is expected to grow up to 28.7 million by 2024. Since remotely, you have the option to hire remote app designers and developers from the global talent pool; thus, it is a bit challenging to screen numerous qualified Android engineers to hire a perfect one.
For your convenience, we have laid down a few tips that can help you hire a perfect remote engineer for your company:
Define your project requirements
Before hunting for the ideal remote Android developers, you have to first define your project requirements. Do you need to ask yourself what you want to achieve by hiring a remote app developer? Do you want to save money? Are you looking for an Android developer trained in a particular skill? Etc.
Besides these questions, you should also focus on the following things:
- Describe your mobile app development project in general. What problem do you want to solve with your app? Which type of Android developer can better help you achieve your goals? Etc.
- Make a list of features. You need to write down all the features, functions, and technologies you wish to embed into your app.
- App size and style. Are you planning to develop a simple prototype app to show your investors? Or, you want to create a full-fledged Android app like WhatsApp, Uber, and others.
Select the hiring portal
Today, to hire remote engineers, you have plenty of different options, such as:
- You can head over to job hiring portals like Upwork or Freelancer, post your job openings there, and screen through multiple applicants to find your perfect Android developers.
- If you don’t want to go through an intense screening process, you can simply visit CloudLabs247, like a remote talent hub, and share your requirements with the professional recruiters to hire professional remote Android developers.
- Also, you can use social media to hire remote engineers, but the screening and interviewing process will get very tiresome due to a large number of applicants.
Evaluate Android developers hard skills
While screening and shortlisting the Android app developers, it is vital to make sure that the person possesses significant technical skills to develop your app. Some of the essential Android app development technical requirements are:
- Expert level knowledge of Java as it is the main Android development programming language.
- Android SDK (software development kit) is the tool kit used to build apps on Android. Thus, make sure that an Android developer has a clear understanding of layouts, user input, views, and, importantly, skills to fix troubleshoots in codes.
- Android developers must have API knowledge as they have to work with APIs a lot while developing your Android app. Ensure that your remote app developer knows his or her way around the APIs, including XML/SOAP and JSON/REST.
- The Android app developers don’t require proficient backend skills, but the basic backend interface knowledge will be helpful in the development process.
Check Android developers soft skills
Along with technical skills, it is essential for a remote app developer to possess the following soft skills:
- Remote engineers might have to work remotely, but they should also have good team player qualities as they often have to collaborate with various teams to complete a project.
- Good communication skills are the crux of a successful remote partnership. Thus, make sure that your remote developers can openly and systematically communicate with you and your entire team. With communication, you can build trust among your remote and in-house developers better.
- Also, hire those remote Android developers who can fit into your company’s culture. If remote developers can’t understand or align with your company’s culture and ideology, they can’t produce the desired results.
Location of the remote engineers
Remotely, you might have the entire globe at your disposal to hire remote app developers, but it is still a good idea to pick a few locations to hire remote developers based on:
- Language: English isn’t the main language in many parts of the world, like in European and Asian countries. Thus, it will get harder for you to communicate with remote developers who don’t know English or your preferred language. So, it is advisable to hire remote developers from a location where people understand English or another language that you know.
- Price: The cost of hiring remote developers varies with the location too. For example, from Ukraine, you can easily hire a junior-level Android developer for around $14,400, whereas in the Netherlands, you have to pay $32,600 and $73,000 in the US to hire the same developer.
Let’s Hire a Remote Android Developer Today!
So, recruiters to hire the perfect remote Android app developers for your companies do consider their hard and soft skills along with their location and many other factors. However, if you don’t have time to screen through various applicants and waste your resources on incompetent remote developers, you should visit CloudLabs247.
You can hire the top Android programmers who are screened through multiple rounds of tests and interviews on this platform. Plus, you can hire remote developers on a two-week trial, so you only have to pay once you are fully satisfied with the developer’s work. So, let’s hire competent remote engineers today!